Monday, May 04, 2009

Trip to Alton Towers 2nd May 2009

As I was getting off the bus, I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. I was with a group of twelve friends and I was looking forward to a wonderful day. Not that it was not wonderful, it was in fact much more than that….

I was lured into every ride, with the incentive, that this would be the best ride ever and that I should not miss it at any cost. And like a small child, who is, hastily finishing up a task, for the promised box of sweets, I kept on going from one ride to the other, anticipating more thrill and less fear.

But the reverse happened, with every ride, the thrill diminished and the fear became two folds, up until the last ride, the Oblivion. I was oblivious to what will happen in Oblivion………. I was taken up in the sky some 200 meters and then dropped straight down, from the open air, into a closed tunnel right before I thought I would hit the ground. It was a dark tunnel, cold and scary, but the feeling only lasted a few seconds, and the roller coaster brought me back up, high above the ground. I went through the exact same feelings of fear and helplessness I felt on 15th September 2008 when I fell into a similar tunnel. But this time, I came out of the tunnel, happy and alive. I even wanted to ride Oblivion once more, and then I realized, I have become much stronger, fearless.

Life is a roller coaster ride, and I am ready for it now, no matter how high it takes me, or how deep it throws me, how fast it goes or how fearful it gets… I will come out happy and fearless!!!

No comments: